Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) 1 Day HSE Course
The Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Course is ideal for small workplaces with low health and safety risks or individuals who would like to attend a more comprehensive one day course.
The course is designed to teach candidates how to deal with an emergency in the workplace until the emergency medical services arrive.
Candidates will receive an HSE Approved certification upon completion of the course that is valid for 3 years.
Some of the Topics covered during this course
- Scene Safety
- Initial Assessment
- Accidents and illness
- First aid Kit Requirements
- Responsibilities of a First Aider including Record Keeping
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty, Recovery Position
- Heart attacks
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Choking, Conscious and Unconscious
- Poisoning / Fractures
- Seizures, Fainting
- Severe allergic reaction
- Common workplace injuries
Duration : 6 Hours
Certification Valid : 3 Years
HSE Approved Certification
The HSE Strongly recommends an annual refresher for all first aiders